Pupils find Famous Ancestors to Add to their Family Trees
* Dame Peggy Ashcroft, Samuel Morse the inventor of Morse Code, a sailor who fought at Trafalgar and died on the same day as Nelson, a relative onboard the Titanic, and many more
* MyHeritage.com to be the Principal Sponsor for the next phase of the Making History project which encourages children to research their family history
Making History has just completed a six month pilot project helping schoolchildren to trace their family history. The pilot had a number of sponsors and partners including MyHeritage.com who helped the pupils to trace their ancestors and also provided the infrastructure on which pupils could input and print out their family trees.
The pupils found famous ancestors and many other interesting connections with history including:
- A family connection to Dame Peggy Ashcroft
- A grandfather in a POW camp in Asia.
- A great grandfather who was a daredevil stuntman who dived into blazing tanks of water and worked once with Evil Knieval.
- A relative who was in the orchestra aboard the Titanic when she sank
- A great grandfather who was a Hussar in WW1.
- Kate Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurence Harris: email@example.com
- John Grubb firstname.lastname@example.org