Family Historian 5 - Coming Soon and a Free Upgrade Offer Now
10th November, 2011. Calico Pie today released details of version 5 of Family Historian, the UK's leading genealogy software program. The new version is due for release in February 2012, but thanks to a Christmas offer, anyone who buys Family Historian 4 now from a participating stockist, or as a download, will get a free upgrade to version 5 when released.
Version 5 - a Great Christmas Present
Although version 5 isn't quite ready yet, you can still effectively give it as a Christmas present! This is how:
While stocks last, customers who buy the full version of Family Historian 4 on or after November 10th, from participating stockists only, will be sent a free CD upgrade to version 5 when it is released. So you can give friends or relatives version 4 to unwrap on Christmas Day, with the upgrade to follow shortly. Or you can just keep it yourself of course...
Also - anyone who buys the download version of Family Historian 4 now (full version) will get a free downloadable upgrade to version 5 when released.
For full details of this offer, including the list of participating stockists, seewww.family-historian.co.uk/v5-xmas-offer.
What's New in Version 5
* New tool for creating family tree books and booklets
* Much improved website generation and support for family tree CDs & DVDs
* New Fan Chart diagrams
* New 'flat' style All-Relatives diagram (much-requested)
* Improved data entry - especially with regard to date-handling and date validation
* New query for detecting possible errors with dates in existing records
* Enhanced 'How Related' tool shows graphically exactly how people are related
* Improved, more comprehensive backup-and-restore
* Improved import and export, including direct import from other program formats
* All reports have enhanced performance and features, including optionally an index
* Silhouettes can now be used in diagrams where required
* Much improved support for background pictures in diagrams
* Much faster diagram loading
* New reports, including a new 'how-related' report
* New tool for marking lines connecting individuals & branches in diagrams
* New 'shapes' toolbar for diagrams, including 'smart shapes' such as arrows
* Extensive new formatting options for diagrams
* Enhancements to the query capability for searching & analyzing records
* Support for plugins - a new way of extending the power of the program
* Integrated access to a new Plugin Store, with numerous free plugins adding even more features - such as a new mapping tool - and more being added all the time
* Numerous improvements to make the program even easier and more enjoyable to use
* And much more...
In the coming weeks, we will be adding more details about version 5 and the new features on our website, at www.family-historian.co.uk/features/whats-new/whats-new-in-5.