The University Archives has moved from its cramped quarters in the McCance Building to join forces with the University Library’s Special Collections Department in a light and spacious area on level 5 of the University Library. The new combined department, called Archives and Special Collections, comprises the archives of the University and its antecedent institutions from 1796, other important archive collections and the Library’s collections of rare books. The new facility, which was formally opened by the Principal, Professor Jim McDonald, on 29th May, now offers users the chance to consult the archives and rare books together in a bright and comfortable reading room. New facilities include plenty of laptop places and tables for group or individual research.
Our new address is:
Archives and Special Collections
University of Strathclyde
101 St James' Road
Glasgow G4 0NS
Tel: 0141 548 2497
All visitors are welcome!
Strathclyde University Archivist
(With thanks to the A Scottish Accent blog)